Sunday, May 05, 2013

Off the Clearance Cart


I couldn't help myself. Okay, I guess I could have controlled that urge to stop at Lowe's one day last summer, but instead I parked my car and headed for my favorite part of the garden department. In the back, behind the racks and racks of perennials and annuals, is a large metal cart. The clearance cart is where I get many of my flowers and plants.

That day, a Boston fern caught my eye. I love Boston ferns, but they don't love me (as the saying goes).

On that visit to the clearance cart I noticed something different than the usual stressed perennials, past their time of blooming. I looked down at my feet. There on the concrete was the beautiful Boston fern. The pot was cracked. The roots were exposed. The entire plant was on its side on the concrete. I thought how much I love Boston ferns. I didn't stop to think that they don't love me. I knew that I needed to take it home and nurture it and pray that it would flourish and grow.

Then and Now

Today, that Boston fern is growing nicely. It is planted in a lovely blue pot that provides structure. The fern reaches for the light. The once clearanced plant has become a calm beauty.

Isn't that the same with us? God takes our attempts to live without Him. He accepts our cracked pots, exposed roots, and damaged life-attempts. We can become the calm beauties He intended for us to be all along. I hope you will join me in this journey from the clearance cart into the nourishing glory of God's light.

Restore us, God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.  Psalm 80:7   (NIV)

*******

Tweetables

God accepts our cracked pots, exposed roots, and damaged life-attempts.   Tweet this!

Restore us, God Almighty; make your face shine on us, that we may be saved.  Psalm 80:7   (NIV)   Tweet this!

I hope you will join me in this journey from the clearance cart into the nourishing glory of God's light.   Tweet this!

*******

Notes from Carol


I am beginning a new blog schedule:

Sundays - Praisin' Jesus
Mondays - Notes & Doodles
Tuesdays - My Books
Wednesdays - Fun 4 Tweens
Thursdays - It's a Sign
Fridays - A Writer's Heart
Saturdays - Tween Ministry

I hope you will stop back often! Let's connect on Twitter and Facebook, too!



P.S. These days I am busy writing two devotional books for Zonderkidz. Will you pray with me about the devos? You can sign up to be a prayer partner on the right. I won't share your contact info. Promise.


*******


copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore





No comments: