Thursday, May 02, 2013

National Day of Prayer

Hey Tweens!
Today is the National Day of Prayer. How will you pray for our nation tomorrow? God hears your prayers, ya know. . . 



It is May! You have to love it!!! Along with May, comes the National Day of Prayer (the first Thursday of the month).

What exactly does it mean? Well, it is a time for people to gather in prayer for our country, for our leaders, for the American people, and even our culture. Some places will have a prayer breakfast or lunch. Others will have doors wide open all day for people to stop in and pray.


This year, as we pray, let's also pray for our future leaders. Let's pray for their faith, integrity, and talents. I really can't think of a better way to pray for our country. Can you?

A few days ago, I was in VBS training. The leaders repeatedly talked about the youth workers as future VBS teachers. . . in just a few years. So true!
Watch the youth as they work with the children in your church. The kids flock to them! Can we pray for them today? Can we pray for the ones who are oh-so-close to being our parents, businessmen, teachers, doctors, and government leaders?

I have another idea. Take an opportunity this week to tell one of those young leaders that you are praying for him or her. Ask if you can be his or her prayer partner. High school, college, and entering the adult world bring lots of challenges and tempting times to compromise what they know to be true.

Let's pray for our nation today as well as our future.


“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”   Matthew 18:19-20  (NIV)



P.S. I have the blessing of writing two devotional books for Zonderkidz. Will you pray with me about the devos? You can sign up to be a prayer partner on the right. I won't share your contact info. Promise.


*******

Tweetables

Let's pray for our future leaders. . . for their faith, integrity, and talents.   Tweet this!

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”   Matthew 18:19-20  (NIV)   Tweet this!

Let's pray for our nation today as well as our future.   Tweet this!

******* 

copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore





No comments: