Did I miss a great verse? Add it in the comments below!
- Honor your father and your mother. . . Exodus 20:12a (NIV) God wants us to show honor to our parents. It is one of the Commandments! How can you show honor to your mom? You could draw a picture or make a list of things you can do.
- Each of you must respect your mother and father. . . Leviticus 19:3 (NIV) Showing respect is another way to honor someone. How will you respect your mom? You can show respect in your words, your actions, and your attitude.
- Truly I am your servant, Lord; I serve you just as my mother did; Psalm 116:16a (NIV) Isn;t is wonderful to have a Christian mom? How does she serve God? Add a drawing to your card to show your mom serving God.
- Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Proverbs 1:8 (NIV) Your mom does many things for you. She is a teacher! What does your mom teach you? She might teach you how to do something (like cook). She also might teach you more about the Bible or how to pray.
- As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; Isaiah 66:13 (NIV) When does your mom comfort you? We all have bad days. It is great to have Mom right there to help.
- She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family. . . Proverbs 31:15a (NIV) Moms cook for their families. Draw a picture of something yummy Mom cooks for you.
- She sets about her work vigorously; Proverbs 31:17a (NIV) Mom work hard. Write a note to tell Mom that you are thankful for her hard work.
- She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. Proverbs 31:20 (NIV) Moms are giving people. How does your mom give to your family and to other people?
- She makes coverings for her bed; Proverbs 31:22a (NIV) Some moms like to quilt and sew. Draw a picture of a beautiful quilt your mom has made.
- She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26 (NIV) Moms are wise. Draw a picture of Mom telling you something wise. Make a cool speech bubble to show her words.
- She . . . does not eat the bread of idleness. Proverbs 31:27 (NIV) Moms are busy! Draw a picture of how Mom is busy taking care of your family. Write these words on the card: Mom, you are busy! Thank you for _______________ to take care of me!
TweetablesHere are some great Bible verses for Mother's Day cards. Tweet this!
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; Isaiah 66:13 (NIV) Tweet this!
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26 (NIV) Tweet this!
Notes from Carol
I am beginning a new blog schedule:
Sundays - Praisin' Jesus
Mondays - Notes & Doodles
Tuesdays - My Books
Wednesdays - Fun 4 Tweens
Thursdays - It's a Sign
Fridays - A Writer's Heart
Saturdays - Tween Ministry
I hope you will stop back often! Let's connect on Twitter and Facebook, too!
P.S. These days I am busy writing two devotional books for Zonderkidz. Will you pray with me about the devos? You can sign up to be a prayer partner on the right. I won't share your contact info. Promise.
copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore