Monday, April 29, 2013

Tree Branches. . . R U One?

I love, love, love this old tree! Don't you just want to climb up on one of those branches to think and pray? Can't you just see someone up there reading? Can't you imagine teens darting around in an unofficial game of tag?
Check out that amazing trunk. It all started from the same place. But then it grew and changed, and each part has its own personality and purpose. But each branch is still part of the tree.

I think that Christians should be like the branches of this tree.

Here is something interesting. I keep coming back to look at this picture. It draws me in. Ah! Shouldn't the body of Christ be like this. . . fascinating, drawing people in?

Jesus said this:

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 NIV

I pray that you will have a fascinating, purposeful Monday!

BTW - Which branch is you? Just wonderin'. . .


*******

Do you know that the Bible is all about your life? Can you say P_E_R_S_O_N_A_L? I have the awesome blessing of writing tween devos for Zonderkidz. . . coming in 2015. Be ready! Get stoked! Jesus cares for you and wants to be in your brain! 

Will you pray with me about the devos? You can sign up to be a prayer partner on the right. I won't share your contact info. Promise.


*******

Tweetables

I think that Christians should be like the branches of this tree.   Tweet this!

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5  NIV   Tweet this!

Shouldn't the body of Christ be like this. . . fascinating, drawing people in?    Tweet this!

******* 

copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore

No comments: