- sidewalk chalk
- yard stick
- 24 dessert-sized paper plates (12 of one color/design and 12 of another color/design)
- Using the yard stick, draw a checkerboard (eight squares by eight squares).
- Color in every other square.
- Give both players 12 paper plates for playing pieces.
- Enjoy the game!
- Use a level, concrete surface to draw the board.
- If it is a windy day, choose alternate game pieces (such as shoes vs. flip flops)
- It is a rainy, create the board in the garage or on a covered patio.