Here are some programs that lend themselves well to not letting the other hand see:
Sometimes a missionary might call for school supplies; others might call for toiletries; and yet others might request simple first aid supplies. They are calls from the Heart of a Missionary.
- small heart-shaped plate
- several items that represent the theme of the missionary's call
- map or globe
- list of requested items to take home
- Explain Jesus' charge to go into all of the world and spread His Word.
- Talk about the missionaries who are answering the call in ____________ (name of the place).
- Show the children where the place is on the map or globe.
- Then, talk about each of the items on the heart plate and how the missionary might use each.
- With the children's eyes closed, remove one of the items. Can they remember which item was removed?
- Repeat with the other items as time allows.
- Give each child a Heart of the Missionary list to take home for future collection.
- Pray that God will use the items collected to help the missionary spread God's Word to all the world.
Notes from Carol
These days I have the awesome responsibility and blessing of writing two devotional books for Zonderkidz. Will you pray with me about the devos? You can sign up to be a prayer partner on the right. I won't share your contact info. Promise.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will come back often! Let's connect on Twitter and Facebook too!
copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore