These ideas are suitable for:
- beginning readers
- school classrooms
- children's groups at church
- family devotion time
- Letter tiles from word games
Learning Games and Activities
- ABC practice - Give the child the letters of the alphabet and ask her to arrange them in order.
- Name fun - Give the child the letters of his name and have him arrange them to spell his name.
- Sorting - Give each child 15-20 letter tiles (that represent certain letters - perhaps B, R, and L). Have them sort the letters into groups.
- Counting - Ask the child to count how many letters are in each group.
- Patterns - Give the child preselected letters to form patterns. (One example is using two letters for a repeating pattern. Many beginning spelling words end in AT - bat, cat, hat, mat, etc. So give the child a handful of letters A and T to practice the pattern: ATATATAT.)
- Spelling _Give the child preselected letter tiles to practice a spelling list.
- Vocab review - Give the child preselected letter tiles to spell vocab from a Reading or Bible story.
Notes from Carol
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will come back often! Let's connect on Twitter and Facebook too!
copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore