Challenge the kids in your church class (or your own children) to do a mini-mission.
- Display a variety of school supplies on the table.
- Ask the kids if they have noticed another student who is missing a particular needed supply.
- Allow the kids to choose an item that fills the need.
- Then, have them write a short, anonymous note to go with the chosen item.
- Explain that the Bible teaches that we should help others in need, but we should not make a show of our work before others.
- Encourage the kids to secretly place the item on the needy child's desk without being seen.
Notes from Carol
- I am having a Doodle Race on my blog (here).
- Kids (and adults) can submit a doodle (simple drawing) for the race.
- Zonderkidz is offering prizes to two winners (a free book and publication in my devos). . . Thanks, Zonderkidz! ! !
I'd be honored if you share the race with your fam and friends. Post it on your facebook, website, or blog. It is going to be fun!
Here is a link you can share:
copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore