Maybe your family follows the practice of Four Simple Gifts:
- Something They Want
- Something They Need
- Something to Wear
- Something to Read
Perhaps your family just values the practice of reading to young children.
No matter the reason for your book gift-giving, it can be tricky to choose just the right book for a child.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a book for a young child.
- Are the words at the child's level?
- Are the illustrations fun and colorful?
- Do the words and the pictures go together?
- Is it a topic of interest to the child?
- Is the book playful and engaging?
Several months ago, I also posted a series about Great Book for Christian Kids. It has some guidelines for picking books for preteens and teens as well.
I pray that your family will have some quiet time this Christmas season. I pray that you will take time to sit together and enjoy the greatest story of all, the story of the birth of our Savior.