- A beginning reader Bible story verse (from a children's Bible or Sunday School material)
- Colorful index cards
- A marker to print easy-to-see words
- Print each word from the verse two times (once on each of the colors).
Play the Game
- Arrange one set of cards on the table in order.
- Have the kids take turns arranging the second set of cards to match the first set.
- Then, have them read the verse to you.
- Keep the card sets for future review. Have them available at a "station" for kids to practice the verse during later meeting times.
- Give the sets of cards (in a scrambled order) to two different kids. Have a race to see who can arrange their cards first.
Notes from Carol
Zonderkidz is publishing two tween devos (for girls: Just Sayin' - 90 ways to rock your faith and for boys: Dare U 2 Open This Book - 90 ways to rock your faith). I have the awesome responsibility of writing the devos. So I am having a little race to promote the books.
What is a doodle?
Think simple drawing - not fancy : )
Who can enter? Ages 9 - 100
The race will have TWO winners. Yep. You could be one of the winners. BUT you have to enter a doodle to be in the race. Just sayin'. . .
Here are the links:
Ready! Set!! DOODLE!!!
copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore