Monday, September 21, 2015

Library Fun for Children

I love the library, don't you? I mean, what's not to like? Books, friends, activities...

I'm planning out my week, and one of my highlights will be meeting a friend at the library. I will be handing off several hundred bookmarks for a children's literacy event.

I'm excited to see my friend. I'm also excited to check out her library. I haven't been to that particular branch before, but I know it to be a place of awesome activities for children.

It make me think of all the things that libraries offer kids:

  • Author events
  • Summer reading programs
  • Movie nights
  • Book clubs
  • Story hours
  • Comfy chairs 
  • Computers 
  • Activity sheets
  • Art and craft times

And, of course...

thousands and thousands of books


that can take them just about everywhere.


Are you planning your week, too? I'm hoping it will include some time at the library.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I LOVE the children's section of my local library. The librarians and I are on a first name basis!

Blessings,
Jean
www.write2ignite.com