My first reaction was to think what an awesome gift they would be for the recipient. Then, I wondered if they were the same titles that the dancing preschooler knew and loved - you know, recommended preschool reading.
One child offering a book recommendation to another is such a fun idea. Here are some reasons why:
- The first child gets a chance to share a title he or she loves.
- The first child stops to think about why the book is recommended.
- The first child writes or draws about the recommendation
- The second child gets a gift.
- The second child not only gets to read the recommendation, but can think about his or her own reaction to the book.
- The second child can write or draw a thank you note and reaction to the book.
What are other ways that kids can pass on their impressions about books they are reading? I love to post about that!
I also love giving children's books as gifts. How about you?