- poster board with grid lines
- fine tip colored markers
CostI got three sheets in a package from Wally World for two dollars. You will want the kind with grid lines so that the kids can complete the activity without overlapping words.
PreparationNo prep is required except gathering the supplies. Love.
- Introduce the activity by talking about God's provision and our response of thankfulness. Have the kids look up the verses below to make the connection between the activity and God's Word.
- Give each tween a different colored marker.
- Explain that they will be printing things and people they are thankful for. Each box on the grid should have no more than one letter, and connecting letters should form a word. Think how a crossword puzzle is organized.
- After the tweens have added all the words they can, count the number of letters for each participant. This is where the different colors come into play. (Count your blessings!) The student with the most letters in his or her color is the winner, but we are all winners with God!
Play Another WayDivide the kids into small groups. Give each group a sheet of poster board. The group/board with the largest tally number is the winner.
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3 (NIV)
Notes from Carol
Have we connected on Twitter and Facebook?
copyright (c) 2013 Carol McAdams Moore